Issued by: ASTRA-Anti trafficking action
Field of expertise: Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Networking, Fundraising
Position: Head of communications and networking
Vacancy type: National
Functional level: Senior management
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Belgrade
Date of issue: 10 December 2018
Deadline for application: 9 January 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
ASTRA – Anti trafficking Action is a Belgrade based local grass-root anti-trafficking organization established in 2000 as the first actor to raise the issue of human trafficking in Serbia. As a leader in the counter-trafficking effort in Serbia, ASTRA has applied holistic approach to the human trafficking problem, i.e. it has been dealing with all forms of human trafficking and all categories of survivors – women, children and men, focusing its activities concurrently on prevention, education, public awareness raising, direct victim assistance and reintegration, advocacy, research and networking. ASTRA observes the problem of human trafficking as the gravest form of human rights violation and insists on and advocates for the full respect of trafficking survivors’ human rights.
For additional information about ASTRA, please visit www.astra.rs
ASTRA is committed to improving the gender balance among staff in all areas and levels. Female candidates are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for this management opportunity.
- Develop and lead on implementation of effective and creative communications with target audiences. This includes development of Marketing and Communication strategy and its implementation
- Lead on the effective management and oversight of ASTRA’s brand, it’s application and development.
- Extend the organisations’ reach and influence through strong stakeholder engagement with its priority audiences.
- Oversee the maintenance and positive enhancement of ASTRA’s reputation through reactive and proactive media relations.
Contribution to ASTRA’s strategic management
- As a Senior Team member, contribute to setting the organisational strategic direction and contribute to management of progress towards it including the development and implementation of organisational Strategy
- Regularly input to and review organisational performance against KPI’s, the Risk register and contribute to corrective measures
- Lead on organisational level narrative annual report writing conveying powerful story of impact that maximizes our fundraising efforts
- Lead on writing, publishing and promotion of ASTRA’s e-newsletter (quarterly and annually), press releases and ASTRA annual reports
- Contribute to networking and high level organisational presentation; act as a powerful ambassador in national, regional and international media
- Support CEO in high level organisational representation
Marketing and Communication Strategy
- Lead on development of the Strategy and related primary and secondary KPI’s
- Lead on develop and implementation of annual plans of action and reviews
- Ensure ASTRA communication is creative, in keeping with trends and is highlighting that we are experts at what we do, whilst also raising awareness of the issue of human trafficking
- Lead on the effective management and oversight of ASTRA’s brand, its application and development
- Lead the management of all ASTRA’s websites (organisational and project level ones) and be responsible for raising the quality of, and contribution to content creation. This includes: regular updates, ensuring that all partners timely and quality contribute to content, improving functionality, ensuring the content is engaging and follows contemporary trends, etc.
- Responsible for ASTRA visibility including appearances on TV, radio and print media including daily following of the news and their distribution to the mailing lists including the communication on visibility of ASTRA Victims’ support unit (VSU) services offered and results achieved
- Lead and manage the oversight of all stakeholder communication platforms including social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Lead on development and implementation of awareness raising and advocacy activities across all projects and report on their impact to the Head of Operations (this includes financial management and reporting)
- Responsible for horizontal (cross projects) communication and vertical one (from ASTRA to targeted audience) including continuous monitoring of the visibility of ASTRA’s programs and projects (print media, radio and TV press clipping)
- Maintain and expand national, regional and European network of partners and friends of ASTRA who are regularly sharing ideas, knowledge and partnering on joint projects. This specifically relates to the issue of labour exploitation.
- Ensure quality of all ASTRA’s external communication (in both Serbian and English versions)
- Lead on ASTRA crowdfunding initiatives including Just Giving and Global Giving platforms and well as mobilizing local sources
- Work closely with CEO to ensure success of wider ASTRA’s fundraising
Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of five years of directly related professional experience
- A minimum od seven years of experience in managing projects, programs, partnerships and development that combine strategic and managerial leadership
- Experience in creating and implementing communication internal and external strategy
- Experience working with media
- Experience working with key stakeholders, coordination donors relationship management is highly desirable
- Experience working with EU founded projects will be considered as an advantage
- Experience working and communicating with relevant state institutions and CSOs
- Demonstrated experience in supervising the work of a team and coordinating internally with other units or departments;
- Discretion and sound judgment in applying expertise to resolve sensitive and/or complex issues;
- Professional fluency in the English language with the ability to communicate orally and draft clearly and concisely;
- Ability to operate Windows applications including word processing and e-mail;
- Flexibility and ability to work within limited time frames; proven resilience to high stress environments and willingness to travel;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious background, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality objectives as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Experience with information and communication technologies (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and their use with a view to communicating and reaching out to clients is desirable
- Experience in working in the field of human rights and anti – trafficking in human beings field
- Experience with the CSOs and/or international organizations.
- Active driver (B)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in communication, journalism, international relations, political science, public administration or related area is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in the specified fields with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Professionalism: Knowledge of different aspects of public information and communication.
- Ability to address a range of issues in the context of political developments, public attitudes and local conditions.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement major information campaigns.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships.
- Ability to produce a variety of written communications products in a clear, concise style.
- Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send the Letter of interest, CV and 3 recommendations (name and contact details) to email@example.com
Initial duration of assignment for this post is for a period of 12 months, with a possibility of extension.
Only candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to further communication
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
ASTRA-Anti trafficking action does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training).
Vacancy is available in pdf format here.