Issued by: ASTRA-Anti trafficking action
Field of expertise: Head of Finance and Corporate Services, EU projects
Position: Head of Head of Finance and Corporate Services in ASTRA
Vacancy type: National
Functional level: Senior management
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Belgrade
Date of issue: 30 September 2019
Deadline for application: 14 October 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
ASTRA – Anti-trafficking Action is a Belgrade based local grass-root anti-trafficking organization established in 2000 as the first actor to raise the issue of human trafficking in Serbia. As a leader in the counter-trafficking effort in Serbia, ASTRA has applied a holistic approach to the human trafficking problem, i.e. it has been dealing with all forms of human trafficking and all categories of survivors – women, children and men, focusing its activities concurrently on prevention, education, public awareness-raising, direct victim assistance and reintegration, advocacy, research and networking. ASTRA observes the problem of human trafficking as the gravest form of human rights violation and insists on and advocates for the full respect of trafficking survivors’ human rights.
For additional information about ASTRA, please visit www.astra.rs.
ASTRA is committed to improving the gender balance among staff in all areas and levels. Female candidates are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for this management opportunity.
- Strategic and operational leadership and management of ASTRA’s finance and corporate service functions (legal, administrative, HR and internal IT) at Head level.
- As a Senior Management Team (SMT) member, to provide advice to the CEO and the EMT on the impact of financial decisions; governance, risk and financial management; and the performance of key areas.
- As a Senior Team member, contribute to setting the organisational strategic direction and contribute to management of progress towards it including the development and implementation of organisational Strategy;
- Ensuring that the appropriate financial plans and processes are in place to secure the long-term
financial viability of ASTRA. This includes:
- Together with CEO, lead on setting the annual budget (including cash flow), monitoring/reporting progress against it and managing forecasting process;
- Leading on preparing management accounts (balance sheet, income and expenditure review) and cash flow forecasts, and post adjustments as required;
- Leading on quarterly analysis of expenses for deferred revenue and income;
- Preparation of annual accounts, production of the statutory accounts and management of audit (organisational and project level);
- Responsible for keeping financial records and performing financial procedures (receipts, payments, petty cash, payroll);
- Lead on ensuring timely inputs to KPI’s and collating of the information from other SMT members;
- Work with the Operational team including project managers to develop their financial understanding and ownership of budgets;
- Manage financial aspects of donor contracts: understanding and negotiating appropriate terms in new proposals;
- Preparing cost-benefit analysis for internal projects;
- Effectively organise and manage internal and external audits;
- Ensure effective and efficient running of corporate services (legal, administrative, HR and IT functions);
- Oversee office facilities and environment to ensure safe and efficient working environment;
- Oversee the HR function to ensure good employer practices and compliance with relevant legislation. This includes management of relationship with external HR service provider Manage internal IT and service providers;
- Ensure control and compliance measures are developed and maintained. This includes:
- Responsible for ensuring control practices are in place and regularly revised; including development and maintenance of strong control environment (bank reconciliations and other control accounts, performance management data, etc.);
- Ensuring compliance with existing donor contract terms;
- Sign off of partner financial reports.
Management of risks
- Lead on risk management including Risk Register development and maintenance;
- Development and oversight of safety/safeguarding policies and insurance.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and Cover Letter (name and contact details) to firstname.lastname@example.org.